This policy addresses the College’s interest in providing continuity of email account access to Alumni (for purposes of this policy, “Alumni” means individuals who have successfully completed an Emerson degree or certificate program). Student Emerson Accounts (and their data) are maintained for a minimum period of one year after the last semester in which those students were enrolled at Emerson. After that, Student Emerson Accounts are subject to deletion. Students in this category are sent reminder notifications to their Emerson email addresses. Deleted accounts are not recoverable. Emerson will revoke the Student Emerson Accounts of dismissed Emerson students immediately upon the finalization of the dismissal.
Alumni have the opportunity to retain their Student Emerson Accounts after graduation by enrolling in the Alumni Email Program. The accounts are then referred to as “Emerson Alumni Accounts.” Participation in the Alumni Email Program is subject to the following terms and conditions which Emerson may, in its sole discretion, change at any time.
- Alumni must complete the Emerson Alumni Accounts opt-in form sent to their Emerson email account within 60 days of receipt or the account will be deleted and data will not be recoverable.
- Alumni with Emerson Alumni Accounts shall only have access to Emerson Gmail. Access to all other Emerson electronic resources, including Google Drive, will be revoked after 1 year (see our after graduation guide for details).
- Alumni shall renew their program membership annually via the Emerson Alumni Accounts Renewal Form sent 60 days prior to account expiration, or their Emerson Alumni Accounts shall expire. Expired accounts will be deleted and data will not be recoverable.
- Other terms and conditions apply to the email accounts and other data collections of current or former students who are employed by the College. Please see the Employee & Third-Party Account Termination Policy for details.
- Emerson College Information Technology reserves the right to terminate its Emerson Alumni Accounts service or gain access to any particular Alumni Email Account for any reason, including security concerns, misconduct, or a change in service, including a decision not to continue to use G Suite for Education.
- To the extent that Alumni who maintain accounts under this policy store any confidential information of the College, they will continue to safeguard it and abide by any applicable confidentiality agreements or requirements.
- Emerson College will not sell or share information it obtains through the Alumni Email Program without your consent. Emerson College may view statistics regarding Alumni Email Account usage, including, by way of example, reviewing the number and selection of apps that Alumni install.
- As with any electronic information stored by Emerson College, Emerson College may receive or use account information for Alumni Email Accounts to respond to a government or legal request, court order, or comply with a law or regulation
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE ALUMNI EMAIL PROGRAM, ALUMNI AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOLLOWING::
- THE ALUMNI EMAIL ACCOUNTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- EMERSON COLLEGE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY (i) WARRANTY THAT THE ALUMNI EMAIL PROGRAM IS ERROR-FREE OR “BUG”-FREE, ACCURATE, SECURE, OR RELIABLE; (ii) WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES OFFERED IN THE ALUMNI EMAIL PROGRAM WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION; (iii) WARRANTY THAT ALL ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE ALUMNI EMAIL PROGRAM WILL COMPLY WITH ANY LAW, RULE, OR REGULATION; (iv) IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; (v) IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM STATUTE, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE; AND (vi) WARRANTY THAT THE ALUMNI EMAIL PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR BUSINESS, TECHNICAL, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS.
- EMERSON COLLEGE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES (IN CONTRACT, STATUTE, TORT, OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, LOST DATA, LOSS OF USE OF INFORMATION OR SERVICES, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER EMERSON COLLEGE HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT A GIVEN ALUMNUS IS IN A JURISDICTION THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION ONLY APPLIES WHERE ALLOWED.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EMERSON COLLEGE'S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL MATTERS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE PROVISION OF THE ALUMNI EMAIL PROGRAM IS LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
Alumni prior to 2019 were offered Alumni Email Forward for Life via an outside service (iModules). In May 2019, those accounts were migrated to G Suite and the terms of the current program apply.