All incoming students must provide proof of secondary school graduation. We must receive proof of graduation or secondary education program before you begin classes at Emerson College.

  • Deadline for Fall incoming students: July 15
  • Deadline for Spring incoming students: January 3

Please submit official final college transcripts and/or College Board exam scores to Emerson College Undergraduate Admission 120 Bolyston Street, Boston, MA 02116 by the above deadlines.

Acceptable Forms of Proof of Graduation Include

  • A final high school transcript from a US high school or US-accredited high school, including the date of graduation; signed, stamped, or sealed by a school official; and sent from your high school or recognized third-party vendor;
    • A final signed high school transcript may also be emailed or faxed by a school official.
  • A Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) or High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) results sent directly from the testing organization;
  • An official copy of documentation sent directly from the IB Organization indicating that a diploma has been awarded;
    • The diploma may also be emailed or mailed by a school official.
  • National exam results showing completion of Secondary School: GCE/GCSE exams (O-Level and AS-level), India Secondary School Examinations, French Baccalaureate, Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) Exams, and CAPE I, etc.
  • Admitted homeschooled students must either be able to provide evidence of a homeschool diploma or a certificate of completion that is considered the equivalent of a high school diploma in the applicant's home state; or they must complete and submit results of their GED test prior to enrollment.

If your school is not accredited by the US and does not issue US diplomas (and you do not have qualifying national exam results as specified above), you need to submit:

  • Your official final transcript, with graduation date, containing all academic coursework along with your graduation certificate, diploma or equivalent. All documents are required to be submitted by a school official, sent from your high school (fax, email, standard mail) or a recognized third-party vendor (Common App, Naviance).
    • If documents are not in English, please provide certified English translations.
  • The Office of Undergraduate Admission, in some instances, may require that you have your credentials evaluated by a professional evaluation organization, such as the Center for Educational Documentation and other organizations listed by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
    • Students will receive email notification if an evaluation is needed in August (for Fall) or December (for Spring).

We Cannot Accept the Following as Proof of Graduation

  • IB exam scores in lieu of the diploma
  • Photocopies or scans of high school diplomas
  • German Abitur, European Baccalaureate, and Swiss Maturité (if in native language; however, official results can be evaluated for transfer credit and do not require a credential evaluation)