About the Graduate Film and Media Art Program
Whether you want to explore narrative film, documentary, experimental media, installation art, or interactive media, Emerson College’s on-campus Film and Media Art MFA program gives you the expertise you need.
You will work with a diverse group of students and faculty on our Boston campus as you expand upon your knowledge of film, audio, video, and interactive media production. The program offers the opportunity to use image and sound to challenge, inform, entertain, and persuade through the creation of both traditional and emergent media forms.
Housed in the Department of Visual and Media Arts in the School of the Arts, this program offers three distinct entry points depending on your prior experience and varies in length from two to three years, allowing students with a variety of life experiences and diverse academic backgrounds to inspire each other’s artistic development. Once you are admitted to the program, we will work with you to create a plan of study based on your professional and educational goals.
- Explore a variety of media production genres and develop expertise in the use of media technologies, criticism and theory, and media business
- Learn from faculty members who are themselves working artists (and whose ranks include Guggenheim and Fulbright fellows) and build a network of creative partnerships that will inspire and support you in your artistic career
- Using our state-of-the-art facilities, immerse yourself in your specific area of interest, producing an ongoing body of work within a collaborative, creative environment
- 2–3 year-long program with advanced standing opportunities available for those with prior experience
- No GRE requirements to apply
- Day and evening classes offered