About the Online Graduate Popular Fiction Writing and Publishing Program
Emerson College’s Popular Fiction Writing and Publishing MFA program is one of the first online and asynchronous programs of its kind that prepares students to write professional-level stories and novels. We welcome writers who create stories in the genres of fantasy, science fiction, romance, horror, mystery, thrillers, young adult—and any exciting combination thereof.
Housed in the Department of Writing, Literature and Publishing in the School of the Arts, our flexible graduate program allows you to work on your writing from anywhere in the world, with online workshops, literature seminars, and publishing courses that fit your schedule. Become a better writer, explore the history of your genre, and learn how to take the first steps toward publishing.
- 100% online and asynchronous MFA program to fit your schedule
- Develop your writing skills and focus on creating plot and character-driven stories
- Engage in an in-depth review of how books are published and marketed with trade publishing professionals
- Craft a thesis to submit to agents or self-publish, with one-on-one support from your advisor
- Networking opportunities with renowned writers, publishers, and academics
- No GRE requirements to apply
- Full-time and part-time options
Request More Information
Join us for a virtual Creative Writing (MFA) Information Session! During this session, you'll get the opportunity to hear from our admissions staff and faculty and learn more about the Creative Writing program, the application process, life at Emerson, our community, and more. We hope to see you there!