Meet Your Admission Counselor
|Start Term||Priority Decision||Rolling Admission Through|
|Fall Term (September)||February 1*||April 1|
*Priority Decision Advantages: priority review for admission, first consideration for scholarships and earlier receipt of an admissions decision.
For official term start dates please review our Academic Calendar.
- Online application
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email with your Admission ID. Please use your username and password to log in and check the status of your application.
- Official Transcripts
- Official transcript requirements
- 3 letters of recommendation
- From persons best able to assess academic and professional qualifications, including motivations and goals.
- Admission Essay: 2 pages, double-spaced (500 words). One essay is required for this program. It can be submitted online with your application.The prompt for the application is:
- Explain your short-term and long-term creative and professional goals. How will an Emerson education assist you in achieving these goals? Reflecting on any relevant work and educational experiences, describe how you would contribute to the program and to the profession.
- Writing Sample
- Submit a maximum of 15 pages, double-spaced, of fiction or nonfiction or a maximum of 15 pages of poetry. Label the writing sample with your preferred genre as indicated on the application form. You should supply writing samples that reflect your preferred genre.
- Include your professional and educational history.
- English Proficiency: Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, or Pearson test results.
- This program supports the issuance of an I-20 for the full duration of the on-campus portion of the program to learn more about applying for an I-20 you can preview the information here. No documentation is required until after you have been admitted.
- International Student Checklist
Request More Information