About the Graduate Political Communication Program
Now more than ever, strategic communication professionals are essential for addressing the challenges of governmental, nonprofit, political, and advocacy organizations locally and globally. Emerson College’s on-campus Political Communication MA program immerses you in politics starting on day one and teaches you how to create and execute impactful political, social advocacy, and public diplomacy campaigns.
Housed in the School of Communication in the Department of Communication Studies, our program’s faculty are speechwriters, content creators, crisis and event managers who have worked in local races, as well as US presidential and global advocacy campaigns. Given our rich tradition as the first Department of Communication in the US, our students are passionate about politics and social justice and embrace the power, art, and ethics of communication as being the essential trait of effecting change in politics and public opinion.
- Gain hands-on experience working with Emerson Polling, one of the nation’s most respected polling organizations and recognized by Bloomberg and 538 as one of the most accurate and trusted sources in the United States
- Opportunity for an immersive experience in electoral and advocacy campaigns as well as local/global public diplomacy projects in Rosarito, Baja California, Mexico, and Barcelona, among others
- Earn up to 8 Advanced Standing credits for your professional work experience, allowing you to expedite your degree completion by applying your working knowledge toward your degree
- No GRE requirements to apply
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Courses are offered in the evenings to fit your schedule
Request More Information
4+1 Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Our Political Communication (MA) is available to current Emerson undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree in just one additional year. For more information, visit our 4+1 MA in Political Communication page.