The authority to apply the Code of Community Standards arises with the Board of Trustees and is passed through the President to the Director of Community Standards.
The College believes that each Emersonian brings unique qualities and talents to our community and that every individual should be treated in a respectful manner. All members of our community are expected to conduct themselves with integrity, civility, and respect for the differences and the dignity that each member brings to our community. These Community Standards apply to all communications (e.g. oral, written, or in gesture).
The Code of Community Standards applies to the below situations, regardless of whether they occur in person or in online or remote educational settings. The College reserves the right to investigate and resolve any reports of alleged misconduct in all of these situations:
- Involving students, student groups, a group of students, and/or student organizations affiliated with any part of the College.
- Occurring on or off-campus
- Occurring from the time of a students’ application for admission through the actual awarding of a degree (even if the conduct is not discovered until after a degree is awarded), including, but not limited to:
- During the academic year
- Before classes start or after classes end
- During time away from the campus (e.g., study abroad, internships)
- During periods between terms of enrollment
- While on leave from the College
- During any remote or virtual time period, including but not limited to classes, coursework, meetings, chats, etc.
Students and recognized student groups and organizations are responsible for the behavior of their guests. The College reserves the right to refer a host of a guest to the Student Conduct Process when the guest’s behavior is reported to be in violation of the College’s Community Standards.