Kristin Linklater Voice Workshop
Postponed to Summer 2024
This four-week, retreat-style program takes students to Kasteel Well in the Netherlands. There, students will take a deep dive into finding their own voice as an actor - professionally, personally, psychologically, and politically. The workshop will end with a performance at the Castle and there will be excursions to Amsterdam and London. Led by certified trainers, you'll leave with a renewed passion for voice work.
Program Eligibility & Admission
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- Recommended for Performing Arts students.
This program is offered for a total of 4 credits. Students will be required to be enrolled by Emerson College in the following course:
- Undergraduate Students: TH 421 — Advanced Acting Special Topics: Movement/Devised Theatre
- Graduate Students: TH 697 — Directed Study
- Learn universally-revered techniques that will enhance your voice production for both the stage and screen.
- Engage in movement and body work that will increase your self-awareness and challenge you to speak and emote in new ways.
- Hone in on aspects of voice like sound, phonetics, and language by encountering and grappling with various texts.
- Meet and be taught by a number of certified Linklater voice trainers.
- Explore the idyllic environs of Well, The Netherlands, along with the bustling and vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London during short excursions
- Expand your palette by trying traditional Dutch fare.
Cost & Inclusions
Program Fee (Undergraduate): $7,700
Program Fee (Graduate): TBD
Included in the Program Fee
- Tuition (4 credits)
- Registration Fee
- Housing (single or double accommodations; shared bathrooms)
- Communal meals at the centre
- Included excursions, workshops, and guest speakers
- Local transportation
Not Included in the Program Fee
- Round-trip airfare to/from the airport (Est. $1,200)
- Some independent meals
- Incidental or personal expenses
- Passports (or visas, if required)
- International Health Insurance*
*May be waived by those with alternate comparable insurance.
*Health Insurance Coverage: Participants must have an insurance plan that provides coverage while abroad. If you feel your current insurance is not adequate, please research a plan that is.
For information on Supplemental Health Plans, please visit our Health Insurance Requirements page.
Subject to change.