Our students are immersed in politics starting day one. During the course of the program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with Emerson Polling, one of the nation’s most respected polling organizations and recognized by Bloomberg, 538, and others as one of the most accurate and trusted sources in the United States. You will be working with speechwriters, content creators, crisis and event managers who have worked in local races, as well as U.S. presidential and global advocacy campaigns.
Our course structure allows for collaborative work on professional and academic publications including the American Behavioral Scientist, Tripidos, among others. Our immersive experience includes options like the Rediscover Rosarito (Mexico) Public Diplomacy in the summer and intercession, as well as the opportunity for a comparative political experience in Barcelona.
Program highlights include:
- No GRE requirements to apply
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Courses are offered in the evenings to fit your schedule
- Gain hands-on experience working with Emerson Polling
- Opportunity for an immersive experience in electoral and advocacy campaigns as well as local/global public diplomacy projects in Rosarito, Baja California, Mexico, Barcelona, among others
- Earn up to eight Advanced Standing credits for your professional work experience; allowing you to expedite your time to degree completion by applying your working knowledge towards your degree
Meet Your Admission Counselor
Julie ScheinthalPronouns: (She/Her/Hers)Assistant Director, Graduate Admissionsjulie_scheinthal@emerson.edu
- Department Graduate Admission
Program Support: Public Relations, Sports Communications, Political Communications, Digital Communication Leadership, Theatre Education, and Media Design
Graduate Admission Virtual Open House
June 7, 2023, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EDT
Join us for an opportunity to talk to current students, faculty, and admissions counselors about our graduate programs in Business of Creative Enterprises, Media Design, Political Communication, Popular Fiction, Public Relations, Publishing and Writing, Sports Communication, Strategic Marketing Communication and Theatre Education & Applied Theatre. All registrants will receive an application fee waiver, so be sure to sign up today!
This virtual event will be interactive, so please prepare to have your camera and microphone enabled to join in. We hope to see you there!
4+1 Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Our Political Communication (MA) is available to current Emerson undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in just one additional year. For more information, visit our 4+1 MA in Political Communication page.