- 3.0 GPA
- Completed program application
- Official and/or unofficial transcripts
- Application essays and resume requirements will be waived for Franklin students.
View the two options for admissions and details for applying to the Political Communication (MA) program:
Option 1: 3+1 Program
This program can be completed full-time in one year, in addition to students receiving their Bachelor’s degree at Franklin in three years. This option allows students to receive their Master’s degree and Bachelor’s degree from both Franklin and Emerson College in a total of four years.
- Franklin students enroll in the summer with online courses
- Students have the option of completing remaining undergraduate courses at Emerson College online
- The following courses can be completed on campus and online within one year
- Program can also be completed part-time
- Program can be completed in either an accelerated 1 year format or the traditional 2 year format
|Summer #1 (Online)||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|User Experience Design (4 credits)||Public Affairs (4 credits)||Public Opinion Research & Practice (4 credits)||Internship or Elective (4 credits)|
|Public Relations (4 credits)||Emerging Communication Technologies 4 credits)||Capstone (4 credits)|
|Crisis Communication (4 credits)||Technologies (4 credits)|
Option 2: Expedited Admission
- Franklin students will complete their Bachelor’s at Franklin in fours years or less.
- Franklin students are then able to apply to Emerson College for the Political Communication (MA) program
- Students can start the program in the summer online or the fall on-campus
- Students can complete the program in one year or two years
Connect with your academic advisor at Franklin University Switzerland to discuss enrollment options.