- 3.0 GPA
- Completed program application
- Official and/or unofficial transcripts
- Application essays, creative samples and resume requirements will be waived for Franklin students.
View the two options for admissions and details for applying to the Publishing and Writing (MA) program:
Option 1: 3+1 Program
This program can be completed full-time in one year, in addition to students receiving their Bachelor’s degree at Franklin University Switzerland in three years. This option allows students to receive their Master’s degree and Bachelor’s degree from both Franklin and Emerson College in a total of four years.
- Franklin students enroll in the summer with online courses
- The following courses can be completed on campus in one year
- Program can also be completed part-time
- Program can be completed in either an accelerated 1 year format or the traditional 2 year format
|Summer #1 (Online)||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|Electronic Pub. Overview (4 credits)||Book Pub. Overview (4 credits)||Magazine Pub. Overview (4 credits)||Internship (4 credits)|
|Fundamentals of Content Strategy (4 credits)||The Editor/Writer Relationship (4 credits)||Copyediting (4 credits)||Master's Project or Elective (4 credits)|
|Applications for Print Publishing (4 credits)||Nonfiction Workshop (4 credits)|
Option 2: Expedited Admission
- Franklin students will complete their Bachelor’s at Franklin in fours years or less.
- Franklin students are then able to apply to Emerson College for the Publishing and Writing (MA) program
- Students have the option of starting the program in the summer online or in the fall on-campus
- Students can complete the program in one year or two years
Connect with your academic advisor at Franklin University Switzerland to discuss enrollment options.