Welcome to Emerson!
We are pleased to offer a limited number of campus tours. Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, we have implemented the following guidelines to prioritize the safety of our staff, visitors, and the Emerson community. We expect visitors to abide by all guidelines and visitor policies.
Unfortunately, walk-in visitors will not be accommodated at this time. All visitors must register for a campus tour at least 24 days in advance; walk-in visitors will not be accommodated for a guided tour. Those who arrive on campus without a confirmed appointment are invited to download our self-guided walking tour, which can be found on the Emerson app. Please know that we are a closed campus, so our buildings are not open to the public. This means that there will be no access available inside our facilities or theaters.
Symptom Check & Documentation Requirements
All visitors are required to confirm compliance with Massachusetts health and safety guidance, including but not limited to showing proof of either:
- A negative PCR COVID-19 test (taken within 72 hours prior to the tour) OR
- A COVID-19 vaccination card that demonstrates proof of full FDA or WHO approved COVID-19 vaccination (with the final vaccination shot 2 weeks prior to the tour).
Documentation will need to clearly show the visitor's name and date of test result or administered vaccine and a form of valid identification (a government/company issued picture ID) is also required. Please note: Rapid Antigen COVID-19 tests are not accepted.
Beginning Monday, March 21, the College will shift to a mask optional policy for all indoor spaces on the Boston campus, with the exception for in classrooms and academic spaces, as well as when visiting the Center for Health & Wellness and Counseling & Psychological Services.
COVID-19 Symptom Check for Visitors
All guests are required to answer the following COVID-19 Symptom Check questions before visiting campus and upon arrival;
- *Have you been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- *Are you experiencing any new fever > 100.0 degrees F?
- *Are you experiencing any chills?
- *Are you experiencing any new cough (new onset or worsening of chronic cough)?
- *Are you experiencing any new shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- *Are you experiencing any new fatigue?
- *Are you experiencing any new muscle or body aches?
- *Are you experiencing any new headache?
- *Are you experiencing any new loss of taste or smell?
- *Are you experiencing any new sore throat?
- *Are you experiencing any new congestion or runny nose?
- *Are you experiencing any new nausea or vomiting?
- *Are you experiencing any new diarrhea (3 loose stools or looser than normal stools in a 24 hr period)?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, we will work to reschedule your tour for the safety of all involved.
If anyone in the traveling party or household tests positive for COVID-19, displays symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed to COVID-19 within two weeks of their scheduled visit, we ask that you please stay home and we will work to reschedule your tour.
All staff, students, and visitors must maintain six feet of distance from non-family members, which may include utilizing separate elevators at times.
Massachusetts COVID-19 Travel Advisory
All visitors are advised to follow the Massachusetts COVID-19 Travel Advisory.
Arriving to Campus/Check-in
Parking instructions and directions will be shared in your tour confirmation and reminder email. Families who arrive early should check in no more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tour time; please do not arrive earlier. Tours will begin promptly on time and any guests arriving late will not be accommodated.
Due to the vertical nature of our campus and the limitations of elevator capacity at this time, campus tours are limited to allow for social distancing.
Staff will be sanitizing the Visitor Center throughout the day. We ask that guests sanitize their hands upon arrival to campus and at the entrance of each building. (If you are allergic to hand sanitizer, we recommend bringing your own). Bathroom access will only be available in the Visitor Center.
As Emerson is a closed and secured campus, you will not be able to enter buildings, facilities, or theaters unless you are on a pre-registered tour.
Campus tours will last approximately 45 to 60 minutes. Each tour will be led by a student ambassador. To protect the safety of our community, tours are only able to access buildings in which students are not currently residing or in class. We have photos and videos of all our buildings available on our virtual tour for reference.
Testing for Staff and Students
Staff and student tour guides are tested regularly and/or are COVID-19 vaccine verified, with additional daily symptom checks.
We ask that you depart campus promptly at the conclusion of your tour and after your questions have been answered.