Interested in Applying?
The deadline for Innovation for Impact submissions is April 21, 2023. Winning projects will be announced on April 28, 2023.
This is our second year of coming together to teach Innovation for Impact, a unique 4-credit hybrid summer course open to all enrolled undergraduate students. It’s a master class on turning an idea into a reality. This year we are looking for the next great ideas to support the UN’s 17 sustainable development goals.
As an individual, or in teams of two or three people, submit a project pitch to be considered for this opportunity—it doesn’t have to be a complicated production; a simple cell phone video will do. Team up with classmates! Collaborate across majors! Pitches are due on April 21, 2023, 11:59 p.m., and accepted projects will be announced on April 28, 2023. We’re looking forward to expanding your ideas with you!
—Sharon Topper and Tim Gunn
- Open to all undergraduate students of any major in good academic standing.
- Students may submit project proposals solo, or in groups of two to three. We encourage students to apply in teams for a more robust experience, but will also allow solos.
- 10–12 projects will be chosen.
- The submission deadline is April 21, 2023.
- Accepted projects will be announced on April 28, 2023.
- Selected teams/individuals must confirm enrollment via email by May 5, 2023, to be officially registered for the course.
- The 4-credit, three-week course will run August 8–23, 2023.
- The course will be conducted online for the first two weeks, with the final week in person.
- Housing will be available for students who have residence halls lined up for Fall 2023.
Applications open on March 1, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. EST.