New to Emerson? Been here a while but just getting interested in sustainability now? Welcome! Achieving our sustainability goals is a true team effort. Explore the resources and recommendations below for ways to contribute to our mission.
Get Acquainted with Sustainability at Emerson
- Sign up for our quarterly sustainability training. Keep an eye out for an email from HR with an invitation!
- Be sure to explore some of the resources available on our website, including the Waste Guide, dashboard, and information on our campus sustainability commitments.
- Follow the Sustainable Emerson blog and on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for the most up-to-date information.
There are several ways to get involved in sustainability at Emerson as an employee:
- Join or form a Green Team: Green Teams are employee peer-education groups aimed at achieving sustainability goals within a specific office, building, or department. Check out the Join a Group page to learn more and reach out to sustainability [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Sustainability" for details on how to join or form a team. No experience necessary!
- Sustainability Action Planning: Emerson is currently in the process of drafting a new Sustainability Action Plan to identify strategies for reaching our 2030 goals. There are several ways to get involved. Check out this page to learn more.
- Consider joining the campus-wide Sustainability Committee: The Committee is made up of students, faculty, and staff and meets monthly to collaborate on essential campus sustainability projects. The group is appointed annually by Campus Services. If you are interested in getting involved, please reach out directly to sustainability [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Sustainability".
- Author a guest blog post for the Sustainable Emerson blog. If you have an idea for a post that the Emerson community might find interesting or an event or opportunity you’d like to share, please reach out directly to sustainability [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Sustainability" to pitch a guest post on Sustainable Emerson!
Sustainability at Home
Take your passion for sustainability home with you! We’ve partnered with EnergySage to give employees access to free quotes for residential solar from vetted local installers, and free solar advising sessions from their expert staff.
Can’t put panels on your property? Consider community solar! Subscribe to a large solar project in your area and save between 10–20% on your electric bill. Simply enter your zip code to browse projects near you on the EnergySage Community Solar Marketplace.