ORCS seeks to respond more quickly to faculty requests for one-on-one support in the areas of grant writing and identifying funding opportunities. With the grants' landscape rapidly changing, it is imperative that each proposal submission we facilitate is well-crafted, clearly written, and aligned with a sponsor's priorities and interests. Diana Potter brings experience and skills to ORCS that will greatly enhance the office's capacity to meet these faculty needs. As part of Corporations and Foundations (C&F), she researched and identified nearly 200 funding opportunities each year in support of the College's strategic goals. She has written, edited, and facilitated grant proposals to a diverse set of private, public and corporate foundations.
Diana's role as Senior Associate Director for Grant and Research Production is to:
- Perform funding opportunity searches for faculty, schools and departments, both proactively and upon request;
- Analyze faculty needs and performing periodic area-specific funding searches and reports;
- Advise faculty and staff on potential funding opportunities and potential collaborations (both intra- and inter-institutional).
- Assist with the coordination and establishment of faculty teams to develop and submit competitive proposals;
- Provide training and assistance in grant writing;
- Serve as the primary ORCS point of contact for the COS Pivot funding opportunity database, including Pivot training for faculty and staff, and assistance in creating faculty profiles in Pivot;
- Assist faculty and staff with the preparation and editing of sponsored funding proposals, including narrative assistance and editing, drafting administrative content, advising on formatting and sponsor requirements, facilitating internal review and approval, and final submission.