Nominations, Eligibility, & Deadlines
Nominations will be accepted from any member of the Emerson community. Anyone (students, faculty, staff, administration, alumni, parents, Trustees, and Advisors) who has been a part of the Emerson community for at least 2 years is eligible as well as any group composed of eligible individuals. Self nominations are not permitted.
Nominations are to be submitted to the committee chair, Jaqi Holland (jacqueline_holland [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Jaqi Holland") or her assistant, Brandon Smith (brandon_smith [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Brandon Smith"). The nomination must include the nominee’s name, role at the college, and contact information. Please also submit a narrative or example of the nominee’s altruism in action. The more detailed the example(s), the better chance your nominee will have of being in contention.
Nominations are due by Friday, January 31, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
The Emerson Kindness Award is new to the Emerson community as of this academic year. It honors a person or persons who spreads unconditional, unwavering, and selfless kindness among the Emerson community. The Kindness Award recipient(s) should exemplify traits of generosity, teamwork, compassion, and ethics. Winners will be selected by the Spirit of Emerson Committee.
The recipient(s) of this new annual award must represent and emanate most, if not all, of the following criteria:
- Exhibit kindness, which contributes to former President Pelton’s idea of “building community.”
- Meet the dictionary definition of kindness. For example, the Oxford English Dictionary defines kindness as “the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.”
- Perform kindness selflessly.
- Live kindness by example.
- Exhibit kindness that goes above and beyond what is expected of them in their job or role in the community.
For questions and nomination submissions contact Brandon Smith at brandon_smith [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Brandon Smith" or Jaqi Holland at jacqueline_holland [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Jaqi Holland".