About the Online Graduate Media Design Program
Emerson College’s online Media Design MA program blends art, technology, and community-based research to address social justice issues ranging from climate change and public health to voting rights, racial injustice, and food insecurity—or anything you’re passionate about changing in your local or global community. Our students have partnered with local and global organizations such as the Red Cross; UNDP; the City of Boston; the City of Portland, Maine; and iCivics to learn how to use art and design to support stronger, more inclusive communities.
Housed in our renowned Engagement Lab, a research-based design lab on our Boston campus, the program is 100% online. It is designed for artists looking to drive civic change through engaging with different populations to create dynamic design interventions.
- 100% online MA program to fit your schedule
- Learn art and design skills that can be applied to advancing social justice
- Explore human-centered design, user experience design, and participatory design
- Prepare for design careers in industries such as nonprofit, corporate, government, design firms, technology, and beyond
- Boston-area students have access to Emerson’s renowned Engagement Lab
- Opportunity to teach and study at Salzburg Media Academy
- One- or two-year program options available
- Evening classes available to fit your schedule
- No GRE requirements to apply
Request More Information
Learn more about Emerson's Media Design MA from a current graduate student.