An undergraduate student who fails a course may repeat the same undergraduate course in an attempt to receive a passing grade. Both courses, and the grades received, are part of the student’s permanent record and will be reflected on the Emerson transcript. However, only the passing grade will be included in the student’s cumulative grade point average. A student who fails the same course more than once may only have one F grade excluded from their GPA. A student who fails a undergraduate Topics course must enroll in the same course topic to have the original F excluded from their GPA. Please note that repeating the same course could impact financial aid eligibility. This policy does not apply to graduate courses.