The tasks for this demand is in progress; for more information, please email communityequity [at] emerson.edutitle="E-mail communityequity [at] emerson.edu".
This demand seeks an increase in mental health and sexual assault professionals who specialize in dealing with students of color.
Integration of Health/Counseling/Wellness already underway:
- Plans to hire additional counselor focusing on support of BIPOC students, as well as increase FTE of current multicultural specialist.
- Increase outreach and promotion over the course of spring 2021 and Fall 2021.
- Request for additional full term employee for multicultural specialist completed as of 1/1/2021. New position of counselor specializing in BIPOC issues has been approved by College Hiring Committee.
Healing & Advocacy
- Submit request to the Hiring Committee for an FTE for counselor/advocate who specializes in meeting needs of BIPOC people.
- Contact Boston-area institutions regarding additional avenues for expanding capacity.
- Request for additional full term employee for Healing & Advocacy Collective completed and submitted to College Hiring Committee on 2/19/2021, approved July 2021 with hiring process underway during Summer 2021.
- ECAPS position description being written, target posting date of May 1, 2021.
- Increased promotion beginning spring 2021 and ongoing, with periodic review and assessment of effectiveness.
- Staff hires completed by August 2021.