Commitment to the Success of Your Event
Emerson College’s Dining Services provides a complete catering experience for the entire college community. Arrangements may be made for any occasion, from the most formal dinner to a simple coffee service. We want to be certain your event is special and we have designed this page to help you through the planning process.
Our Catering Guide offers the most popular menu items. Please contact us at 617-824-8065 for any special arrangements or items you may not find included. We look forward to serving you and will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
Below are guidelines to ensure the success of your event:
Preparing Your Order
- Reserve a room for your event prior to calling Dining Services or placing an order. To reserve rooms please log onto Spacebook to select an available time and space.
- We will need an estimated number of guests at the time of order. A guaranteed number is required two working days before the event.
- Serving alcohol? Please submit an Alcohol Approval Form at least 30 days prior to your event start. You will need to log in with DUO to access the form. Please also read the College’s Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy. If you have any questions about this form or your submission, please contact Jennifer Rogers at jennifer_rogers [at] emerson.edu.
Placing an Order
- To place your order please go to eccatering.
- Include your payment information. Dining Services will not provide service to any event without payment through cash, credit card, check, ECCash, or department account number.
- When placing your order, you must copy your department head. Dining Services will not provide service to any event without copying the authorized department head.
- After placing your order, you and the department head will receive an email copy of the invoice. Confirmation will come via email. ORDERS ARE CONFIRMED IF THE DEPARTMENT HEAD DOES NOT DECLINE THE ORDER.
Rentals, Payment & Billing
- Billing is based on the guarantee or actual number of guests, whichever is greater.
- Additional items such as floral arrangements, specialty linen, ice carvings, etc., can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Orders for pickup at the Little Building C-Store will receive a 5% discount.
- All orders requesting china will have an additional charge per person. Additional charges may apply to events in the Paramount Center that request china service.
- All food items that require a chafing dish are considered “open flame” events and require waitstaff at an additional charge.
- Waitstaff needs will be determined by the catering department. Waitstaff are charged at a minimum of 4 hours, $135 per waitstaff. Extended set-up or breakdown efforts are billed at $34 per additional hour, per waitstaff.
- Payment in full is required at the time of the event for all customers not affiliated with Emerson College.
Event Changes & Cancellation
Any event changes must occur within three business days. Cancellations must be made 48 hours before your event. You will be responsible for any costs incurred up to the time of cancellation.
The approved event sheet will serve as the catering invoice and will be charged to your budget through accounts payable.