- Fall Term (Semester 1): Early September to Late December (with exams taking place before December 23)
- Spring Term (Semester 2): Mid-January to Late May
- View the current Academic Calendar
Open to qualified sophomores, juniors and first semester seniors with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
For students whose native language is not English, you must submit official results of the TOEFL, IELTS (International English Language
Testing System), or Duolingo English test. The minimum score requirements for admission to the Emerson exchange program are as follows:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Internet-Based Test (iBT) 80
- Computer-Based Test (CBT) 213
- Paper-Based Test 550
- *Emerson College’s school code for the TOEFL is 3367.
- IELTS minimum score requirement: 7
- Duolingo English minimum score requirement: 150
Full-time Study Load
- Minimum study load per semester: 12 credits (3 courses)
- Maximum study load per semester: 16 credits (4 courses)
Exchange students will receive an email about course registration after they have been accepted. Students should allow some flexibility with their course preferences, as some courses require prerequisites and/or faculty approval. Students are allowed to make registration changes during the add/drop period at the beginning of each semester.