If you need additional time to complete your degree (including taking one or more classes over summer), you must submit a request for an I-20 extension through Terra Dotta:
- Navigate to the Control Center
- Select the icon for Program Extension
- Follow the prompts to complete the form
An extension request must include:
- A written recommendation from your academic advisor.
- Documentation of financial support for your extension period.
NOTE: Failure to request a timely extension of your I-20 prior to its expiration may lead to termination of your SEVIS record, which would jeopardize your lawful immigration status in the U.S.