The Office of International Student Affairs (OISA) provides immigration and campus support services for Emerson’s international student community:
- We offer immigration advising for students in F-1 status, exchange visitors, and others on matters related to U.S. study, work authorization, and international travel
- We support international students with cross-campus resources for academic success, community integration, leadership development, and career preparedness
- We promote campus organizations, events, and initiatives that reflect Emerson’s global voice
International Student Affairs falls under Emerson’s Office of Internationalization and Global Engagement (IGE). Together with our partner offices—Education Abroad and Domestic Programs (EADP) and English Language Learning (ELL)—IGE provides strategic vision and support for college internationalization initiatives.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that all air travelers arriving to the U.S. on or after January 26, 2021, are required to have a COVID-19 test within 3 days before their flight the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline, or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19.
This new testing requirement applies to international air travelers as well as U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents arriving to the U.S. from abroad.
For further details see:
Here are some recent headlines regarding OISA:
- Updated SEVP Guidance Clarifies Continued Flexibility for Fall 2020 Study
- Massachusetts AG’s Office Leads Multistate Lawsuit Seeking Nationwide Injunction Against New Visa Rule for International Students (July 13, 2020)
- Emerson Opposes ICE International Student Rules, Joins Amicus Brief (July 10, 2020)
- Information on ICE/SEVP COVID-19 Rule for International Students (July 10, 2020)
- Message to Emerson International Student Community regarding ICE Restriction to Online-Only Study in U.S. (July 8, 2020)
- President Pelton announces Fall 2020 Reopening Plan (June 10, 2020)
- SEVP accommodations for COVID-19 (updated June 4, 2020)
- Helpful Internship & Career Information (May 1, 2020)
- Emerson wins Simon Award for Campus Internationalization (May 1, 2020)
- Yueming (Alison) Qu wins 2020 EVVY Student of Distinction Award (April 16, 2020)