The Office of International Student Affairs (OISA) provides immigration and campus support services for Emerson’s international student community:

  • We offer immigration advising for students in F-1 status, exchange visitors, and others on matters related to U.S. study, work authorization, and international travel
  • We offer coursework and programming for English Language Learning
  • We support international students with cross-campus resources for academic success, community integration, leadership development, and career preparedness
  • We promote campus organizations, events, and initiatives that reflect Emerson’s global voice

International Student Affairs falls under Emerson’s Office of Internationalization and Equity. Together we provide strategic vision and support for college internationalization initiatives in areas of Education Abroad and Domestic Programs (EADP), Global Partnerships, and Equity Initiatives. 

Welcome to Emerson

Explore an academic community that fuels creativity and curiosity, and that is purposeful in cultivating diversity of thought and inclusive expression.

Immigration Status

Your U.S. immigration status is the immigration category in which you are admitted to the U.S. Your status should reflect your principal reason for being here, your U.S. permissions for study and work, and how long you are able to remain in the U.S.

International Travel

Whether you are taking a weekend trip to New York City, crossing the Canadian border into Montreal, or preparing for a flight to your home abroad for a family event, OISA is here to help make certain your travel documents are in order for your return to Emerson.

U.S. Employment

Whether you want to earn some spending money through an on-campus job, or earn work experience through an internship, learn more about your options here.

Campus Resources

Although the Office of International Student Affairs (OISA) is one of the first offices to welcome international students to Emerson, you will find resources for international students across our Boston campus as well as in LA and Kasteel Well and our partner institutions.

Contact Us

Our experienced team of immigration advisors can assist you in understanding your immigration status from answering questions about your full-time course load, to reviewing your documents in preparation for travel, to applying for US work permission.