Registrations and registration numbers are valid only for the semester(s) for which they are issued. All registrations must be renewed for each new academic year. All registrations become void when the registrant leaves the College.
Registering/Renewing Semester Procedures
Registration is available throughout each semester based on space availability.
End-of-Semester Procedures and End-of-Year Closing
All registered bikes must be removed by noon on the day after the dorms close for the semester.
Registered users during the preceding academic school year may renew their bike registration for summer per space availability.
Summer bike parking occupants are not guaranteed a spot for the fall semester. All bikes must be removed the week before the semester begins for summer cleaning/repair of the space, including faculty and staff.
Students, faculty, or staff not returning to campus forfeit their parking spots. This includes:
- Students graduating or leaving the College
- Students relocating to the Castle or Los Angeles for study
- Faculty or staff leaving the College
Those who forfeit their parking spot must remove their bicycle from the space by the last day of the academic semester.
The bike parking facility is closed when the College is closed. The rooms reopen on the first day classes are in session.
- Residential Students can store bikes in their room between the fall and spring semester. There is no summer storage.
- Bike spots are on a first-come first-served basis. Should you choose to move your bike and lose your spot, it may be taken by another community member.
- Please do not lock your bike over anyone else's.
- Emerson College is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items. Please use the bike room at your own risk.
- The Emerson Community will have tap access to the bike room.
- The bike room has limited space, please note there are designated bike spots painted green for daily use. No overnight bikes can use these spots. Please use the hanging wall spots for overnight storage.
- Any bike found after midnight in these spaces will be disposed of by the College.
- No vehicle with a motor is permitted in the bike room.
- The Bike Room is not for residential students.
- Students may not store their bike in the Bike Room over winter break.
- You must fill out a new registration if you get a new bike.