About the Graduate Publishing and Writing Program
Emerson College’s on-campus Publishing and Writing MA program will help you discover your place in the ever-vital, ever-changing field of publishing. You will learn to shape the prose of fresh voices as an editor, represent writers as a literary agent, or work with exciting online publications and new media formats.
Housed in the Department of Writing, Literature and Publishing in the School of the Arts, our program allows you to explore all facets of publishing in the publishing hub of Boston. Our experienced faculty provide a comprehensive overview of the publishing of books and magazine media via print, digital, video, social media, and other platforms. You will enjoy the flexibility to take a variety of creative writing and literature courses that suit your interests and goals.
- A dynamic curriculum that builds a solid foundation of skills in book, magazine, and digital publishing
- An emphasis on hands-on learning, with options such as working on the Emerson College-owned digital publication The Independent and with community partners (current and former partners include the Boston Globe Magazine, Bookbuilders of Boston, and Artists for Humanity)
- Internship opportunities at a wide variety of publishers (such as children's and adult trade, academic, magazine media, and news) and publishing-related firms
- Study full-time or part-time in person on our beautiful Boston campus
- Most classes, whether in-person or online, are offered in the evening to maximize flexibility
- Access to a vast alumni network
- No GRE requirements to apply
Request More Information
4+1 Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Our Publishing and Writing MA program is available to current Emerson undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree in just one additional year. For more information, visit our 4+1 MA in Publishing page.