About the Graduate Sports Communication Program
Pursue your passion for sports with Emerson College’s hybrid Sports Communication MA program. Learn from academic and industry thought leaders, who will teach you to write engaging content; test the foundations of user experience; and craft branding strategies for sports organizations, fan bases, and athletes, as well as explore the latest tactics of sports as soft power in connecting local and global communities.
Housed in the School of Communication’s Department of Communication Studies, our program gives you the opportunity to analyze and practice all branches of the sports communication field: from digital media coaching, sports event management, and speech writing to sports law and ethics, sports agentry analytics, and even online fandom.
- Develop and manage corporate and social responsibility and sports diplomacy programs targeting fans, communities, and governments locally and globally
- Plan and execute special events for sports organizations, working with sports industry leaders in the US and abroad, including the Boston Red Sox, FC Barcelona, ESPN, and the Olympics, among others
- Analyze, theorize, and critique perspectives of sports communication, including insights on effective crisis communication/management
- No GRE requirements to apply
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Courses are available online and in person and offered in the evening to fit your schedule
- Earn up to 8 Advanced Standing credits for your professional work experience, allowing you to expedite your degree completion by applying your working knowledge toward your degree
Request More Information
Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Our Sports Communication MA program is available to current Emerson undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree in just one additional year. For more information, visit our 4+1 MA in Sports Communication page.