Global Networking Opportunities
Emerson’s faculty and alumni span the globe, allowing you exclusive access to our professional networks. Our extensive network connects you to internship and employment opportunities with major league sports in cities like Boston, Los Angeles, Barcelona, and Sydney.
Boston is one of the few cities in the country with all four major sports teams and is a Top 10 Sports Media market. Emerson’s location in the heart of Boston gives you direct access to networking with professional sports organizations.
Our students have interned at renowned organizations such as:
- Boston Red Sox
- New England Patriots
- Boston Bruins
- New England Revolution
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- FC Barcelona LA Olympic Committee (2024)
- Riot Games
- Real Madrid
- Fox Sports
- United Nations
- San Diego Padres
Our practical approach to education provides you with the expertise and knowledge needed to succeed in the modern sports industry.
Graduates go on to work in the following industries:
- Sports Public Relations
- Sports Punditry
- Sports Management
- Sports Diplomacy
- Sports Event Management
- Sports Agentry
- Sports Podcasting
- College and Professional Sports Information
- Sports Journalism
- Sports Diplomacy
- Team and League Media Relations
Get the Emerson Edge with our Graduate Student Benefits
Once you commit to graduate school at Emerson, you’re automatically enrolled in our Emerson Edge program. Emerson Edge is designed to help you network with peers, alumni, faculty, and staff to ensure you’re getting what you need out of your graduate program including career exploration, resume building, financial planning, and access to exclusive events for students and alumni.
Emerson Edge benefits:
- Career exploration and preparedness: Work with Career Development to discuss your interests and skills to investigate different career paths. Our Career Development team reviews industry trends and updates you on emerging career paths and industries. Start with the Graduate Career Action Plan to learn about your skills, the Emerson community, industry, and network. Work with our team to craft your resume, cover letter, and portfolio and receive access to exclusive job listings.
- Attend Graduate Student Events: Meet new friends and network with your colleagues in the graduate community at in-person and online events hosted by the Graduate Student Association.
- Work with your Graduate Program Director: Your Graduate Program Director serves as a mentor to you and your classmates. They’ll help you connect with alumni, identify internship and career opportunities, and build a class schedule that excites you.
- Network with Emerson Alumni: Our alumni network consists of 51,000+ proud lions. Meet alumni from around the globe through Emerson’s exclusive Emerge platform, and in-person and virtual events hosted by our Alumni Relations team. Our alumni are known for helping each other out, from mentoring opportunities to career guidance, and you’ll join one of the best alumni networks in the country.
- Consult with our resource center to create a work-life balance plan and receive feedback on writing projects and coursework for native and non-native English speakers.
- Find graduate housing: Work with our Off-Campus Student Services to find off-campus graduate housing, roommates, neighborhood and budgeting advice, and even learn how to sign a lease.
- Explore our accessible resources: Coordinate with our Student Accessibility Services to receive access and support to our graduate programs and courses, activities, and services to ensure your needs are met while studying at Emerson.