Matriculated students who wish to attend a class without working for or expecting to receive formal credit may register to audit the course.
- Students who audit a course may not participate in class, do not take examinations, and do not submit papers.
- Students may only audit lecture-type courses. Students may not audit production, studio, dance classes or voice lessons because those classes require active participation.
- Audited courses will carry the grade of AUD on the transcript, which does not calculate into the GPA.
- Students must gain permission to audit a course from the course instructor and may not register to audit a course until the first day of classes to give priority to students needing it for credit.
- Students may only register to audit, or change back from an audit to credit, until the end of the semester's add/drop period.
- Students are charged a $30.00 per credit audit fee.
- Students may not overload with an audit unless they have met the eligibility requirements for overloading.
- Students may not attend any course without registering for it as either credit or audit.