The Emerson College Film Festival
The Emerson Film Festival will take place in the Bright Family Screening Room March 2023 (date to be announced during the submission window) with a reception to follow at the Emerson Contemporary Gallery. We will be screening a 90-120 minute program of films and host a live Q&A with an opportunity for filmmakers not in Boston to participate remotely.
The Audience Award
We are offering a software package sponsored by the Boston Creative Pro User Group for the film that garners the highest rating from the audience. Like most festivals, there will be ballots at each screening where anyone in the audience can rate a film from 1 to 5. They will need to stay for the whole program in order to vote, but won't need to go to all three screening sessions. All selected films will be coached on audience building strategies.
Other Cash Awards and Opportunities
Selected films will be eligible for cash awards funded through alumni gifts. One film will be chosen to screen at the Independent Film Festival Boston in April.
- Projects must be uploaded into Panopto or Vimeo.
- Be sure to read the Panopto Upload Guide to properly compress and upload your video into Panopto.
- Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they are at picture lock and will be completed prior to the festival. You will not be able to submit any additional cuts for consideration
- Project must be initiated as an Emerson College student project (either in a class or co-curricular).
- Works must be under 30 minutes and completed after December 2021 while a student at Emerson College.
- All genres welcome! Send us your animation, music videos, documentaries, dramas, experimental work, comedies, science fiction and horror!
- No limit on the number of submissions.
- Please note, all submissions may be used in Emerson classes for instructional purposes.
Submissions are closed as of Friday, December 2.