Caps and gowns are required for students participating in a graduation ceremony and may be purchased online or in-person. Online sales include a shipping fee, take 4 weeks to arrive, and will be available in the spring. In-person sales will be available at the Emerson Emporium beginning in April 2024.
Students may only wear sashes, stoles, cords, or pins that are awarded by the College. However, there is a robust cap decorating tradition at Emerson, and we look forward to seeing yours!
Emerson Emporium Regalia Hours
- Tuesday, April 16 to Friday, April 19, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 21 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 22 to Friday 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27 from 11:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 29 to Friday, May 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4 from 11:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 6 to Friday, May 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you have questions about your online regalia order, please contact Brooke Sheerin at bsheerin [at] herffjones.comtitle="Email Brooke Sheerin" or 617-306-9653.
If you have questions about regalia in general, please contact the bookstore:
114 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
bookstore [at] emerson.edutitle="Email the Emerson Bookstore"
Undergraduate regalia includes:
- A black cap
- A black gown with square sleeves
- A purple & gold tassel (hangs from right front)
- A white pin (on left lapel)
- Package price $42.50 (You may also purchase individual pieces.)
If your gown is wrinkled simply hang it up overnight. Do not iron it; it will melt!