New students must attend one of their assigned advisor’s "Reg Prep" meetings to learn how to prepare for Spring 2023 registration. We offer daily walk-in hours to students during the week of Spring 2023 registration.
Our experienced team of professional advisors helps students make informed decisions as they navigate educational transitions, clarify and achieve their goals, and adhere to academic standards. We connect students to college-wide resources and support integration into the larger College community. We also facilitate the mentorship provided by faculty advisors.
As an advising team, we aim to:
- Inspire students to actively participate in their own learning, equipping them to become independent self-advocates.
- Guide students as they explore academic options and make course selections.
- Help students develop realistic and attainable professional and personal goals.
- Create accurate and efficient academic plans that allow for degree completion within anticipated graduation timelines.
- Educate students on Emerson College’s academic standards, policies and procedures.
- Encourage students as they make meaningful connections with faculty, staff and peers.
Through advising, students can expect to:
- Actively participate in individual and group meetings with their Academic/Faculty Advisor.
- Understand curricular options through creating a long-term educational plan, monitoring academic progress using their Degree Audit.
- Understand how academic performance impacts degree progress.
- Adhere to the College’s academic standards, policies and procedures.
- Utilize college-wide resources to enhance success in and out of the classroom.
- Engage in the Emerson community to develop inclusive relationships with faculty, staff and peers.