Applying for Renewing F-1 Visa
Renewing your F-1 visa to come to the U.S. to study is a multi-step process. Follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Prepare for your visa interview.
- Find a local U.S. embassy or consulate near you and review its website for instructions about getting an F-1 visa.
- Complete the DS-160 application form online and print the confirmation page.
- Schedule your interview.
- Gather all necessary documents.
- SEVIS fee receipt
- DS-160 confirmation page with the barcode
- Current Form I-20 (with recent travel signatures)
- Financial documents (bank statements)
- Proof of continued full-time enrollment
- Letter from Emerson College
- Deposit Confirmation
- Passport (valid for at least 6 months into the future)
- 2 passport photos
- Attend your visa interview.
- Be ready to answer questions about your intentions behind studying in the U.S., plans for post-graduation, etc to document your "non-immigrant intent".
- Receive your F-1 visa stamp in your passport.
You can also read more about the application process at Travel.State.Gov.