Office of the Arts Spaces
Individual Student Bookings
Office of the Arts does not accept individual student requests directly. Individual Students must have their request sponsored and submitted by an academic department.
SGA Registered Student Groups
Student Engagement and Leadership (SEAL) and the Office of the Arts work closely to engage and support SGA registered Student Groups in the use of Office of the Arts venues on the Emerson College campus. Both offices work together to ensure equitable space allocation for all groups submitting requests through SEAL. The Office of the Arts and Student Engagement and Leadership allocate dates available to Student Groups during the Office of the Arts season planning process.These dates will be identified by the end of the academic semester and relayed to SEAL for distribution to Student Groups. SGA registered student groups should fill out the OA Venue Request Form and submit the completed form to SEAL no later than the specified due date. Apply via email at SEAL [at] emerson.edu. Late applications will not be considered.
Student Groups and Individual Students may reserve Paramount Studio space for rehearsal use only. All reservations must follow the Paramount Studio policies outlined at spacebook.emerson.edu. Performances are not allowed in the Paramount Studios. See Facilities Requests for information on reserving performance spaces.
- Individual requests can be made online at spacebook.emerson.edu no earlier than 7 days prior to the requested date. This applies to Paramount Studios 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9 and the Practice Rooms.
- Individual requests can be made at spacebook.emerson.edu for Paramount Studio 7 no earlier than 3 days prior to the requested date.
- All reservations are based on availability. Academic classes and collegiate events have priority in these locations. While every effort is made to prevent a scheduling conflict, the Office of the Arts reserves the right to cancel or alter space reservations in the event of a collegiate or academic conflict.
Please note that glass and glitter are not permitted in the Studios or Practice Rooms. If you have any specific questions about what props/activities are permitted in the Paramount Studios and Practice Rooms please see the Paramount Studio Assistant at the 3rd Floor Service Desk.
Filming in Office of the Arts Venues
Per the TRF Handbook, filming is prohibited in the following locations:
- 216 Tremont St: Cutler Majestic Theatre, Backstage or Lobbies
- 10 Boylston Place – Tufte Performance and Production Center: Semel Theatre, Backstage or Lobby, Greene Theatre, Backstage or Lobby, 5th Floor Dressing Rooms
- 555 Washington St: Floor L1 – Theatre Support Areas, Dressing Rooms, Offices, Floor 1 – Scene Shop, Loading Dock and Backstage Areas, Floor 2 – Scene Shop and Backstage Areas, Floor 3 – Paramount Studios, Floor 4 – Paramount Studios
- 559 Washington St: Paramount Theatre, Robert J. Orchard Stage, Backstage Areas and Lobbies, Jackie Liebergott Black Box, Backstage Areas and Lobbies, Bright Family Screening Room, Lobby and Booth