Meet Your Admission Counselor
Haley BresnahanPronouns: (She/Her/Hers)Senior Assistant Director, Graduate Admission Communicationshaley_bresnahan@emerson.edu
- Department Graduate Admission
Program Support: Writing for Film and TV and Film and Media Art
|Start Term||Priority Decision*||Rolling Admission Through|
|Fall Term||February 1||April 1|
*Priority Decision Advantages: priority review for admission, first consideration for scholarships and earlier receipt of an admissions decision.
For official term start dates please review our Academic Calendar.
Check the status of your application
- Online application
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email with your Admission ID. Please use your username and password to log in and check the status of your application.
- Official Transcripts
- Official transcript requirements
- 3 letters of recommendation
- From persons best able to assess academic and professional qualifications, including motivations and goals.
- Admission Essay: 3 pages, double-spaced (750 words). Please write an essay that addresses the following points. We are looking for a cohesive essay that helps us understand you and your goals as a writer.
- Why are you interested in an MFA degree in Writing for Film and Television?
- How do you expect an MFA degree to advance your writing goals and interests?
- What genres do you like to work in, and from where do you draw creative influences?
- What experience do you have working and/or learning independently?
- Writing Sample: Choose one of the following writing samples to submit.
- Screenwriting: 15 pages maximum of screenwriting. This can include short screenplays or an excerpt from a longer film or television script. Script samples must be accompanied by loglines.
- Dramatic Writing: 15 pages maximum of novel excerpts, short stories, plays, or chapters of fiction or creative nonfiction writing. Please double-space any prose writing.
- Combination of Screenwriting and Dramatic Writing: 15 pages maximum, combining any of the above writing forms. Please double-space any prose writing.
- Include your professional and educational history.
- English Proficiency: Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, or Pearson test results.
View our graduate admission policies
- Emerson College cannot accept applications from international students for the low-residency program at this time, as the College is not able to issue I-20s appropriate for participation in this program.
Graduate Social Channels
Connect with us on social media!
Request More Information