Caps, gowns, and hoods are required for graduate students participating in a graduation ceremony and may be purchased online, or in-person. Online sales include a shipping fee, take 4 weeks to arrive, and will be available in the spring. In-person sales will be available at the Emerson Emporium beginning in April 2024.
- Tuesday, April 16 to Friday, April 19, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 21 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 22 to Friday 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27 from 11:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 29 to Friday, May 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4 from 11:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 6 to Friday, May 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you have questions about your online regalia order, please contact Brooke Sheerin at bsheerin [at] herffjones.comtitle="Email Brooke Sheerin, Customer service" or 617-306-9653.
If you have questions about regalia in general, please contact the bookstore:
114 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
bookstore [at] emerson.edutitle="Email the Emerson Bookstore"
Master's degree regalia includes:
- A black cap
- A black gown with tippet sleeves
- A black tassel (hangs from left front)
- A hood
- Package price $75.79 (You may also purchase individual pieces.)
All hoods have a purple and gold lining. The color of the hood's velvet is determined by the degree:
- MFA (pictured) is brown
- MA is white
- MS is gold
If your gown is wrinkled simply hang it up overnight. Do not iron it; it will melt!
Stoles, sashes, or cords should not be worn with Emerson College’s Master’s degree regalia, however you are welcome to decorate your cap!
How to Hold Your Hood and Card
Tassel on left side of cap.
Hood on right arm, velvet away from body.
Top of hood on inside of right arm.
Hood loop unbuttoned.
Card in left hand, thumb on top left corner.