In an effort to help protect the financial investment of our families, we’ve partnered with A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. to offer you the opportunity to purchase elective insurance coverage for your student’s tuition and mandatory fees.
The Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) is an insurance plan that minimizes the financial loss you may experience if your son or daughter should need to leave Emerson in the middle of a semester. The TRP refund covers 80 percent of tuition for medical withdrawals, and 80 percent tuition for mental health withdrawals. Room and Board charges are not covered by the TRP.
The TRP works in concert with Emerson’s existing refund/withdrawal policy. Subscribers are assured a refund throughout the term, even though Emerson’s policy may have expired at the time of withdrawal.
The chart below shows how TRP works for a medical leave to complement Emerson’s current refund policy:
TRP With Medical Leave
|First Two Weeks of Class||80%||0%||80%|
|After the Fifth Week||0%||80%||80%|
- The cost of the Tuition Refund Plan will be charged to all students enrolled in a degree program.
- This is optional coverage and students have the right to choose not to participate in the plan.
- To opt-out of the insurance plan, please complete an online waiver by the September 2 deadline.
- Students starting Emerson in Spring 2023 must complete an online waiver by January 12.
- For more information, please visit tuitionprotection.com/emerson.
- If you have any questions about the Tuition Refund Plan, please contact Dewar, Inc. directly at 617-774-1555.