In Fall 2022, Emerson College introduced the Emerson Circle of Creative Scholars (ECCS), aiming to assist students in navigating their academic, social, and career development journey at Emerson as they strive for personal success. Through our student success coaching, we will offer comprehensive support, focusing on various aspects including intellectual/academic growth, financial stability, career development and social connections. Furthermore, our program's team actively promotes equity and inclusivity throughout Emerson's campus.
The ECCS program aims to provide talented undergraduate students with the resources and support systems to help them achieve their individual goals. All matriculated undergraduates are eligible to participate in this program.
- Students will be required to participate in:
- Students will be required to meet one-on-one with an ECCS staff member at least once a month to discuss their progress.
- Students will be responsible for documenting their participation with the A&B staff
- The ECCS staff will offer a minimum of three workshops each semester
Success Coaching will include:
- Individualized support to students, including advising, goal-setting, and planning.
- Monitor student progress and proactively reach out to students who may be struggling academically or personally
- Serve as a liaison between students and various departments on campus, including academic departments, student services, and financial aid.
Monthly Circle Wellness Workshops (Samples)
- Work Hard - Play Hard: Balanced Time Management
- Time management doesn’t have to be all work and no play. Learn how to create a schedule that includes academics, social activities, and rest!
- How Philanthropy Works
- Learn how to give and get financial support for non-profit organizations
- Post-Grad: Work vs. Grad School
- Talk through the pros and cons of working or going to graduate school after graduation.
- The Art of Small Talk
- Learn the art of conversation and building relationships in small settings. Develop your elevator pitch and make connections.
- The Creative Ph.D.
- Thinking about getting your doctorate in a creative field? Learn tips from Emerson staff, faculty, and alumni about how to prepare and succeed.
Year 1: Foundation
- Circle Wellness Introduction and Overview
- Emersion: Foundations of Success
- Introduced to campus partners
Year 2: Connection
- Group Workshops
- Internship prep workshop
- Study Abroad prep workshop
- Mentorship program (optional)
- Financial education workshop series
Year 3: Engagement
- Group Workshops
- Education Abroad & Domestic Program
- Career-prep workshop
- ECCS Mentor Intro and Prep (optional)
Year 4: Exploration
- Group Workshops
- First-Year Mentor (optional)
- Dean Fellowship Program (optional)
- Study Abroad Program
- Leadership Workshops
- Introduction to Emerson-based graduate programs
- Alumni Activities
- Mentorship to ECCS Students
Emerson Circle of Creatives Scholars is managed through the Office of Student Success, Access & Belonging. If you have specific questions about the Emerson Circle of Creatives Scholars, please email ECCS [at] emerson.edutitle="Email the Emerson Circle of Creatives Scholars" or or call 617-824-8650.
Each year, Emerson will award the full four-year scholarship to 10 incoming first-year students. Incoming transfer students who hold associate degrees will also be eligible to receive enhanced financial support; five (5) full-tuition scholarships will be awarded to qualifying transfer students.
This extremely competitive award is a full scholarship, renewable for up to eight semesters, that covers the following:
- Cost of tuition and fees.
- On-campus room and board.
- Undergraduate Student Services fee.
- Laptop computer (appropriate for area of study; $750 average).
- Book allowance of $500 per semester, after any applicable federal and/or state gift aid has been awarded.
- MBTA LinkPass (Boston-based semesters)
- Additionally, the scholarship provides access to participate in one Global Pathway Program session (summer) or one session at Kasteel Well or Emerson Los Angeles during the academic year (fall/spring).
Students that agree to the Emerson Circle of Creative Scholars scholarship and program will be required to do the following:
- Must maintain full-time status and remain in good academic standing, maintaining a 3.0 or greater each academic year.
- Must apply and complete all applications for federal financial aid on an annual basis.
- Monthly check-in meetings with ECCS staff.