ELA Summer 2022 Internship & Professional Development Program
Emerson Los Angeles is offering a residential internship program and professional development and mentorship opportunities in Los Angeles over the course of the full Summer 2022 session for a cohort of up to 30–40 rising Juniors or Seniors.
The Summer 2022 ELA Summer Internship and Professional Development Program may be of particular interest to:
- Students admitted to ELA who were unable to attend ELA in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021,
- Rising Juniors and Seniors (Fall 2021) who may not have planned to attend ELA, but are interested in the opportunity to intern in Los Angeles—including those whose majors have not traditionally been represented at ELA, and,
- Students who would like a longer time in Los Angeles (immediately prior to or after their regular term at ELA).
Program Information and Requirements
- To be eligible to participate, students must be a rising Junior or Senior with a minimum GPA of 2.7 at the start of the summer term.
- Participating students must register for an internship course in their major for 4 credits (REMINDER: students are eligible to earn a total of 12 internship credits maximum over the course of their studies at Emerson.) Students can petition to take 8 credits. The internship course meets in person bi-weekly.
- Summer 2022 Internship and Professional Development Program students will participate in a selection of diverse mentorship and Professional Development activities and programs produced both by ELA and outside organizations including the Career Advisory Network (CAN), an alumni mentorship program for students in all majors.
- All participants are required to live on campus. Gated spaces are available for an additional fee. Please note that there is no meal plan offered during the summer as ELA does not have an onsite dining hall.
|Students Arrive, Residences Open||Saturday, May 14, 2022|
|Classes Start||Monday, May 16, 2022|
|Classes End||Friday, August 19, 2022|
|Move Out, Residences Close||Saturday, August 20, 2022|
|Grades Due||Friday, August 26, 2022|
All program dates are tentative.
Estimated total program costs: $9,200
- 4 Credit Hours, $800 per Credit: $3,200
- 4 Credit Internship
- Single Room (Shared Bathroom): $6,000
- Parking Space (Optional)
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. You must complete the 2022–2023 FAFSA as soon as possible. The Summer Assistance Application is also available to complete at Summer Assistance for Current Undergraduates.
On-campus housing is mandatory and all participants will have a single room within a shared suite. The setup is similar to the Colonial Building in Boston.
We are committed to offering you the best Emerson Los Angeles experience despite the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. The ELA administration works closely with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health to ensure the health and safety of all students, faculty, and staff. Modifications have been made to reduce density in the residence halls and in classrooms. All program participants will be tested regularly and are required to follow ELA and CDC safety protocols and procedures.
Who can I contact with questions?
- If you would like to meet virtually with David Griffin, Director of Education Abroad and Domestic Programs, please set up an appointment, or send an email to la [at] emerson.edu.
- Should you have questions about internships, please email internela [at] emerson.edu.
- If you have questions regarding course offerings or the academic calendar, please email ELA_Academics [at] emerson.edu.
- If you have questions about on-campus housing, please email Chad Myers at chad_myers [at] emerson.edu.
- If you have questions about other items, please email Timothy Chang at timothy_chang [at] emerson.edu.
How to Apply
The application deadline is Monday, March 1, 2022. Complete and submit the application for ELA Summer 2022 Internship & Professional Development Program below.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already completed an application for either Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 you must still submit an application for Summer 2022, but there is no need for an additional essay (s), faculty recommendations, etc. You may just write in those text fields that you've applied already for next year.