Emerson is providing this information based on its current plans and in accordance with health and safety information currently available. Emerson may, in its discretion, or under direction of government or health authorities, change plans regarding modalities of courses or activities, and physical access to any facilities.
As a student in the Musical Theatre program, you will:
- Explore the rigor of fundamental and advanced facets of acting and song interpretation
- Become familiar with historical dimensions of studied material
- Participate in regular dance (Jazz, Musical Theatre, Ballet, Tap), acting and song interpretation classes each week
- Develop a deeper understanding of the heritage and history of musical theatre dance
- Take one 1-hour intensive voice/singing technique lesson per week
- Prepare for and participate in possible master classes from visiting artists
- Attend possible production/artistic field trips in Boston
- Build an initial repertoire of songs and monologues suitable for auditions
- Develop skills necessary for effective auditioning and interviewing for college musical theater programs as well as familiarity with professional industry standards
- Develop discipline in rehearsing and preparing for classes
- Become familiar with the dedicated protocol, expectation and standards of the BFA Musical Theatre Program at Emerson.
Musical Theatre Open Class Presentation
An informal open class format presentation on the final day offers an opportunity to share your work from the studio with friends and family. The open class presentation is scheduled for Saturday, August 5, 2023.