Emerson is providing this information based on its current plans and in accordance with health and safety information currently available. Emerson may, in its discretion, or under direction of government or health authorities, change plans regarding modalities of courses or activities, and physical access to any facilities.
The Arts & Communication Pre-College Programs offer intensive summer experiences for high school students. Pre-College at Emerson offerings are challenging, fun, and designed to teach students competitive, practical skills in one academic area of communication and the arts. Living as an on-campus Emerson student, you will have access to instructors, resources, and spaces (i.e. tv studios, camera kits, sound stages, etc.) used by Emerson undergraduate students. A few select programs can also be completed for academic credit.
- Acting (4 weeks)
- Creative Writers (4 weeks)
- Design/Technology for Stage & Screen (4 weeks)
- Digital Filmmakers (3 weeks)
- Journalism (3 weeks)
- Marketing + Creative Enterprise (1 week online)
- Musical Theatre (4 weeks)
- Politics, Activism, & Leadership (3 weeks)
- TV Writing & Production (3 weeks)
As a Pre-College student, you can look forward to achieving:
- Basic knowledge of current industry practices and requirements;
- Portfolio or audition materials for your college applications;
- Skills in project presentations, debating, and research (Marketing + Creative Enterprise, and Politics, Activism & Leadership Institutes).
Applications are open for Summer 2023. We will accept applications through March 15, 2023. If you have any questions, reach out to precollege [at] emerson.edutitle="Email PreCollege at Emerson".