Emerson is providing this information based on its current plans and in accordance with health and safety information currently available. Emerson may, in its discretion, or under direction of government or health authorities, change plans regarding modalities of courses or activities, and physical access to any facilities.
High school students entering grades 10, 11, and 12 during the 2023–2024 academic year are welcome to apply to Television Writing and Production.
Television Writing and Production is designed for students who have a passion for storytelling within the television medium, have respect for the creative process, and understand how to manage their time and complete assignments both in and out of the classroom. Each candidate for Television Writing and Production must submit the required application form, completed, and signed, along with the following documents.
Each candidate for the TV Writing and Production Program must submit the required online application, a non-refundable $60 application fee, and the following documents:
- Student Statement of Purpose: In one or two pages, please describe:
- What do you hope to achieve during the Pre-College Program?
- An event you feel has prepared you for Emerson's Pre-College experience.
- Essay: In one page, discuss a television program, director, or producer who you feel is most influential to your work.
- Teacher Recommendation: Please submit at least one recommendation, completed by a teacher who knows your work. If possible, the teacher should know your work in the field to which you are applying.
- Completed Video Project or script: Video link (up to 5 minutes in length) or script (up to 10 pages).
International Student Applicants
Visit international student information to learn about additional required application materials and find out more about applying to pre-college programs.
Applications will be open in November/December 2022. We will accept applications through March 15, 2023.
Admission to Emerson College's Arts and Communication Pre-College Programs is on a rolling basis. We suggest applying early, as space is limited. Admission decisions are made frequently.