The Interim Provost for Emerson College, Jan Roberts-Breslin, provides leadership for academic planning, program development at the undergraduate and graduate levels, assessment, advancement of scholarship, research and creative work, excellence in teaching, global engagement initiatives, and academic innovation including online learning.
Responsible for advocating for and supporting faculty, the Provost ensures the academic rigor of the learning experiences at Emerson.
The principal areas of her responsibilities are:
- The College’s academic programs, budget, and space including those located in the School of the Arts, School of Communication, the Marlboro Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies, the Graduate School
- The Iwasaki Library
- The Department of Professional Studies and Special Programs
- The Office of Internationalization and Global Engagement including the Department of External Programs and Study Abroad, the Kasteel Well semester-abroad program, and International Student Affairs
- The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
- Institutional Research
- Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning, and Academic Advising.