The Office of Internationalization and Equity (IE) provides leadership in comprehensive internationalization and intellectual innovation using diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and social justice (DEIASJ) principles as the foundation for this work. IE fully utilizes the College’s Boston, Los Angeles, and Netherlands campuses to support internationalization and equity initiatives, such as:
- Offering students unique, excellent, and inclusive global learning experiences;
- Recruiting and supporting international and/or diverse students and scholars;
- Internationalizing the curriculum;
- Providing Emerson faculty with international and DEIASJ development opportunities;
- Developing and implementing “global portals” that create new flexible models for providing access to an Emerson education around the world.
Housed within IE are the offices of Education Abroad and Domestic Programs and International Student Affairs, along with a team dedicated to the advancement of DEIASJ within Academic Affairs. The Equity Team collaborates with the three Schools, Emerson Los Angeles, Kasteel Well, and the Global Pathways and Portal Programs to execute equity programming priorities.