For Incoming Fall Students
- New students matriculating are required to complete an electronic medical history form, TB Risk Assessment Questionnaire, and submit required immunization records online via the Student Health Portal.
- Contact your healthcare provider for records of the required immunizations. You will need to enter each date in the "Immunization" section of the Portal and then upload a signed/stamped copy of immunizations for verification.
- Use the Guide to the Student Health Portal to help navigate and complete the required forms, input immunizations, and upload documents.
- Fall Deadline: July 15
- Spring Deadline: January 5
Frequently Used Forms
- Immunization Verification Form
- TB Test Results Form
- Consent to Treat (Students Under 18)
- Authorization for Release of Medical Records
- Authorization for Release of Drug/Alcohol Information
- Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver Form
- Meningitis Information & Waiver Form
- Religious Waiver/Medical Exemption Form
Health Insurance Requirements
Massachusetts requires students enrolled at least 75 percent of full-time, who are not enrolled solely in short-term courses or an online program, to be covered by health insurance. Therefore, students required to have insurance (matriculated undergraduate students enrolled in 9 or more credits and graduate students enrolled in 6 or more credits) are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Emerson Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Matriculated undergraduates and matriculated graduates who are less than 75 percent of full-time and plan to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) must submit a written request for coverage annually. The request for coverage form can be obtained by contacting University Health Plans at info [at] univhealthplans.comtitle="Email University Health Plans" or 833-251-1726.
Effective through the academic year, the Student Health Insurance Plan coverage period is August 1 to July 31. Coverage is effective August 1 through July 31 for students enrolled in the fall semester. Coverage is effective January 1 to July 31 for newly enrolled spring semester students.
The Student Health Insurance Plan is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and administered by University Health Plans.
Waiving Health Insurance
Undergraduate and graduate students may waive the Student Health Insurance Plan and Charge by submitting an online waiver form confirming comparable coverage by the designated deadline. An insurance waiver must be completed at the start of each academic year for continued exemption.
The last day to waive the annual insurance for fall semester students is mid-September (please refer to the University Health Plan website). For students enrolling for the first time in spring, the last day is early February. Students who use their Emerson-provided health insurance at any point are not eligible to waive afterward.
Pre-Entrance Health Requirements
To complete your pre-matriculation health and immunization requirements, log in to the Student Health Portal with your Emerson username and password. There you'll complete your medical history, input vaccination dates, upload and submit verification of immunization records or waiver requests, and complete the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire.
- The Guide to Using the Student Health Portal will walk you through all of the steps needed to make this process as easy as possible.
- Additional forms that may be needed based on your individual responses and program can be found within the Health Portal. Pre-College Summer Program students have additional forms to upload.
- We prefer that you upload all information directly through the Student Health Portal. This allows all documents to link directly with your Electronic Health Record. If you are unable to upload, you may fax your attachments to 617-824-7897.
Frequently Asked Questions
View some of the frequently asked questions regarding Health Forms.