Per the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Boston Department of Public Health, students are required to receive the following vaccines prior to enrollment:
- Two doses of MMR vaccine (Measles, mumps, & rubella), OR
- Two doses of a measles vaccine + two doses of a mumps vaccine + two doses of a rubella vaccine, separately
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- One dose of Tdap vaccine within 10 years (Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis, adult dose)
- Two doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, OR immunity by blood titre
- No documentation is required if you were born in the United States before 1980 (unless required by program of study)
- (Students 21 years of age or younger) One dose of meningococcal ACWY vaccine on/after 16th birthday OR a meningococcal waiver (see below)
**Students must demonstrate compliance with all health requirements prior to arriving on campus. Students may not be permitted to move into residence halls, change class registration, or begin classes.
Titers and Proof of Immunity
If you are unable to provide verification of immunization and dates, you may submit a laboratory report of immunity (titer) from a blood test. Contact your health care provider to arrange for blood testing or contact our health services department as soon as you arrive on campus.
Medical and Religious Immunization Exemptions
If you have a medical condition that prevents immunization or if immunization sincerely contradicts your religious belief please complete the Exemption Form. Please upload the completed form in the Student Health Portal.
Updated bivalent booster RECOMMENDED (for all on-campus students). Please include documentation of primary series when available (optional).
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all undergraduates to either receive a recent meningococcal vaccine OR complete a Meningococcal waiver form upon entrance to the College. See detailed information about Meningococcal and College Students.
Immunization Clinic Dates, Fees, and Vaccine Availability
Health Services sponsors several monthly WALK-IN immunization clinics. Students have an opportunity to recieve any of the pre-matriculation entrance immunization requirements. If you need a vaccine or have a health hold, please call the Health Center at 617-824-8666 or email healthservices [at] emerson.edutitle="Email Health Services" or attend an immunization clinic. Health Services is located in the Union Bank Building at 216 Tremont Street, 3rd Floor. Students must have their Emerson ID and valid insurance card at time of service.
Immunization Clinic Dates & Times (Fall 2023)
- August 31st from 1:00 pm - 4:00pm
- September 1st from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- September 5th from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- September 7th from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- September 14th from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- September 27th from 1:00 am - 3:00 pm
- October 5th from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- October 11th from 1:00pm - 4:00 pm
- October 19th from 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- October 25th from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- November 2nd from 12:00pm to 2:00 pm
- November 15th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- November 30th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- December 6th from 1:00pm to 3:00 pm
- December 18th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
All undergraduates are eligible to obtain immunizations regardless of insurance enrollment in the College-sponsored health insurance plan through University Health Plan (UHP-BC/BS MA) or through a private parent or employer insurer. Students with private insurance will be charged for immunizations through their student account and receive a receipt to submit to their insurer for reimbursement. Students with College-sponsored health insurance plans will have 100 percent of the cost of the vaccine covered up front.
Graduate students enrolled in the College's BC/BS MA plan or those with private insurance who have paid the separate Graduate Health Fee are also eligible. Students may also obtain required immunizations at one of the local resources listed below. Check with your insurer regarding coverage.
Immunizations Fee Schedule
(All immunizations covered at 100% for those enrolled in UHP-BC/BS MA plan)
- Chicken Pox (Varicella) - $205/dose
- Hepatitis B (Adolescent formulation age 19 or under) - $55/dose
- Hepatitis B (Adult, age 20+) - $100/dose
- MMR (Combined Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - $125/dose
- Tdap (Combined Tetanus/Pertussis (whooping cough) - $65/dose
- TB skin test (Positive Risk Assessment or required for CSD clinical placement) - $30/dose
- Meningococcal (Strains: A-C-W-Y) - $165/dose **Required vaccination for entering students residing in college residences OR signature of Waiver on DPH information sheet acknowledging risk and declining vaccination.
- Influenza (Flu) - Cost TBD
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus - men & women through age 26 - three dose series) - $315/dose
- Meningococcal (Strain B) - $125/dose (two dose series) Is not required under MA regulation but recommended by ACIP for those with certain medical conditions.
Local Travel Immunization Clinics
- Massachusetts General Hospital Travel Clinic
- Boston University Medical Center Travel Clinic
- Boston Medical Center Travel Clinic
- Tufts Medical Center Travelers Clinic
- Brigham and Women's Hospital Travel Clinic