As a student in F-1 status, you are eligible for limited employment off-campus, after completing one full-year of study in the U.S. However, you must apply for and obtain the appropriate type of authorization from OISA or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before beginning any off-campus employment.

Off-campus employment authorization types include:

Each off-campus authorization type has eligibility criteria and specific application steps. For more information about application procedures, please speak to your OISA advisor.