For many international students, gaining U.S. work experience is an important part of your academic preparation, especially in arts and communication fields that require a practical application of the training you receive in the classroom. Whether you want to earn some spending money through an on-campus job, or earn work experience through an internship, learn more about your options here.

It is important to obtain the correct authorization before you begin. It is critical that you work with OISA to obtain appropriate U.S. employment authorization before you begin any on-campus or off-campus employment. Working without U.S. authorization can jeopardize your lawful U.S. status, lead to termination of your SEVIS record, and to loss of current and future employment benefits.