Benefits of Enrolling in the Digital Communication Leadership MA
- The program's asynchronous and online format allows you to work from anywhere and at any time you’d like. Designed for working professionals, take your courses in leadership and communications before or after work, during your lunch break, or whenever you learn best.
- One of the program’s core leadership-focused courses, Project Management and Communication, satisfies one of the Project Management Professional (PMP) requirements if you choose to pursue your Project Management Professional Certificate after the program.
- Our unique Executive Format allows you to take your professional work experience and apply it toward elective credits in your Master's program. This benefit lets you graduate faster, and reenter the workforce sooner.
Career Outlook for Digital Communication Leaders
The digital communication and marketing landscape is one of the fastest-growing industries. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 10% increase in jobs over the next 10 years with a median salary of $138,000.
Careers to Explore
- Digital Communication Manager
- Digital Content and Strategy Leader
- Director of Marketing and Communication
- Senior UX Content Strategist
- Senior Marketing Manager
- Vice President of Marketing
Get the Emerson Edge with our Graduate Student Benefits
Once you commit to graduate school at Emerson, you’re automatically enrolled in our Emerson Edge program. Emerson Edge is designed to help you network with peers, alumni, faculty, and staff to ensure you’re getting what you need out of your graduate program including career exploration, resume building, financial planning, and access to exclusive events for students and alumni.
Emerson Edge benefits:
- Career exploration and preparedness: Work with Career Development to discuss your interests and skills to investigate different career paths. Our Career Development team reviews industry trends and updates you on emerging career paths and industries. Start with the Graduate Career Action Plan to learn about your skills, the Emerson community, industry, and network. Work with our team to craft your resume, cover letter, and portfolio and receive access to exclusive job listings.
- Attend Graduate Student Events: Meet new friends and network with your colleagues in the graduate community at in-person and online events hosted by the Graduate Student Association.
- Work with your Graduate Program Director: Your Graduate Program Director serves as a mentor to you and your classmates. They’ll help you connect with alumni, identify internship and career opportunities, and build a class schedule that excites you.
- Network with Emerson Alumni: Our alumni network consists of 51,000+ proud lions. Meet alumni from around the globe through Emerson’s exclusive Emerge platform, and in-person and virtual events hosted by our Alumni Relations team. Our alumni are known for helping each other out, from mentoring opportunities to career guidance, and you’ll join one of the best alumni networks in the country.
- Consult with our resource center to create a work-life balance plan and receive feedback on writing projects and coursework for native and non-native English speakers.
- Find graduate housing: Work with our Off-Campus Student Services to find off-campus graduate housing, roommates, neighborhood and budgeting advice, and even learn how to sign a lease.
- Explore our accessible resources: Coordinate with our Student Accessibility Services to receive access and support to our graduate programs and courses, activities, and services to ensure your needs are met while studying at Emerson.