Emerson College offers two bike parking areas for members of its community who require a secure space to lock their bikes: the Boylston Place Bike Room at 19 Boylston Place and the Ansin Building Bike Parking Facility at 180 Tremont Street.
Bike Room Locations
- The Boylston Place Bike Room provides 68 daily bike parking spots in an indoor, secure space at 19 Boylston Place.
- The Ansin Building Bike Parking Facility at 180 Tremont Street (first floor, rear) provides 11 spaces bike rack parking on a space-available basis.
Bicycle Room Policy
The Bike room will be open to the Emerson Community on a first come first served basis; there will be no need to register and no restrictions about parking overnight. The bike room is for pedal, non-motorized bikes only. Per Massachusetts general laws, no motorized vehicles may be parked in enclosed bike rooms. The new policy will be:
- Bike room access is a first come first served basis
- Access will begin August 27, 2021 and end on December 23, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- Anything left in the bike room after 5:00 p.m. on December 23, 2021 will be disposed of by the college
- Access will resume January 2, 2022 and end on May 8, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- Access will resume May 16, 2022 and end on August 19, 2022
- Access will be offline until Fall 2022 Class start, new schedule will be posted by August 14, 2022
- For residential students you can store your bike in your room between the fall and spring semester, there is no summer storage.
- Bike spots are on a first come first served basis, should you choose to move your bike and lose your spot another community member may take your spot
- Please do not lock bike over anyone else’s. Emerson College is not responsible for any lost/stolen damages please use the bike room at your own risk
- The Emerson Community will have tap access to the bike room.
- The bike room has limited space, please note there are designated bike spots painted green for daily use, no overnight bikes can use these spots. Please use the hanging wall spots for overnight storage. Any bike found after midnight in these spaces will be disposed of by the college.