Our alumni work for agencies, corporations, and even own their own businesses. They apply the skills learned in our program and approach any industry with confidence ranging from healthcare, finance, technology, and merchandise. You will gain access to exclusive networking opportunities with alumni through Emerson’s Alumni platform, Emerge.
Our alumni have gone on to work for companies such as:
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Marketing and Communications is projected to be one of the fastest-growing career paths in the next 10 years, with a median annual wage of $130,000 for manager-level positions as of 20201. Enjoy flexibility working in any industry including entertainment, technology, healthcare, education, and more.
Careers in Marketing and Communications:
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Specialist
- Events Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Director of Marketing
- Art Director
- Media Specialist
Get the Emerson Edge with our Graduate Student Benefits
Once you commit to graduate school at Emerson, you’re automatically enrolled in our Emerson Edge program. Emerson Edge is designed to help you network with peers, alumni, faculty, and staff to ensure you’re getting what you need out of your graduate program including career exploration, resume building, financial planning, and access to exclusive events for students and alumni.
Emerson Edge benefits:
- Career exploration and preparedness: Work with Career Development to discuss your interests and skills to investigate different career paths. Our Career Development team reviews industry trends and updates you on emerging career paths and industries. Start with the Graduate Career Action Plan to learn about your skills, the Emerson community, industry, and network. Work with our team to craft your resume, cover letter, and portfolio and receive access to exclusive job listings.
- Attend Graduate Student Events: Meet new friends and network with your colleagues in the graduate community at in-person and online events hosted by the Graduate Student Association.
- Work with your Graduate Program Director: Your Graduate Program Director serves as a mentor to you and your classmates. They’ll help you connect with alumni, identify internship and career opportunities, and build a class schedule that excites you.
- Network with Emerson Alumni: Our alumni network consists of 51,000+ proud lions. Meet alumni from around the globe through Emerson’s exclusive Emerge platform, and in-person and virtual events hosted by our Alumni Relations team. Our alumni are known for helping each other out, from mentoring opportunities to career guidance, and you’ll join one of the best alumni networks in the country.
- Consult with our resource center to create a work-life balance plan and receive feedback on writing projects and coursework for native and non-native English speakers.
- Find graduate housing: Work with our Off-Campus Student Services to find off-campus graduate housing, roommates, neighborhood and budgeting advice, and even learn how to sign a lease.
- Explore our accessible resources: Coordinate with our Student Accessibility Services to receive access and support to our graduate programs and courses, activities, and services to ensure your needs are met while studying at Emerson.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers,